My Personal Learning Environment

 Hi, I am Arthur D. Ollanda, a Filipino with less than 40 of age. Living with my wife and 2 kids. I am a currently a class instruction and technology infrastructure supervisor in a reputable and pontifical university in the Philippines. My specialization is Data Communication and Networking and teaching this discipline for more than 10 years now. 

Today I am writing this blog as one of the requirements in my Graduate School and have to finish, otherwise, honestly I don't know what's gonna happens next, so help me God. 

I need to pursue my Post Grad, to have a passport, so that I could have a chance to pursue my career in teaching which I am connected with. It's quite difficult,  but I have to do this not just for my family but for the students who needed me most (I am not lifting my own chair right?). Kidding aside, well.... in our university, we are using an LMS to continue our teaching in this Pandemic period through the internet world.

It's quite difficult to teach in remote setting, yet we manage to deliver the necessary things to our students. We uploaded the course plan, learning materials and some reference that might help them to understand what is the course/s is all about and how does something to do in their future career.

I often meet my class during our scheduled session, see to it that they are doing the right thing in the course, however, there some issues and concerns with my students who's having a hard time to connect due to the poor internet connection(my goodness). With that some were not able to finished the tasks on time, yet I just practicing my compassion in this trying times to everyone.

Aside from being a class instructor, I also serve and assist the stakeholders of the university with their concerns and problem in the learning environment. I troubleshoot often the cases and some error that they've been experiencing and guide them on how to remediate those erroneous.

It's tough, but I am happy to serve them and giving me the opportunity to have some contribution in our community, not just an Educator, Technical individuals but a person who is willing to extend my helping hands.

Kudos to us. I will survive.

Art.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annotated Bibliography - Summary/descriptive type

Use Citation Management Tool